Tuesday 21 June 2011

Flight - Day 1

So, it's 10:34pm and I have been up for approximately 21 hours (probably more), absolutely exhausted but I thought I should let people know that I have landed safely and what I got up to today. 


The first flight was about 8 hours long and it was unbelievably boring. We got stuck behind a Lebanese family who seemed to know half of the entire flight and near an Indian family who knew the other half! The stop over was amazingly tedious. Both Katherine and I were in dire need of a sleep and there was nothing really to do in the airport. So we basically sat there for 3 hours. The second flight from Kuala Lumpur was actually pretty good - we sat in a row with just the two of us and the people around us were lovely. We slept for the majority of the flight (well... Katherine did....) and tried to entertain ourselves.
View out the plane window as we were landing!


Ivano and Alfredo picked us up from the airport (Katherine went to Alfredo's) at about 7am. At about 11 Katherine came over to Ivano's and we started planning what we were going to do in Rome (from going out to visiting the Colosseum). Lunch was hilarious. There was so much food both Katherine and I were exploding.


After lunch I bought a simcard (unsure about number yet) and then we chilled in a CBD kinda area. It was lovely..... I'm exhausted and falling asleep so I shall continue this another day!


xx Cait

1 comment:

  1. missing you already :( im flying out tomorrow :) make sure to have plenty of food, flirt with many men, eat too much and HAVE TOO MUCH FUN.

    ReplyDelete